This assignment will allow you to gain a better understanding of human capital planning. You will do so by creating a Staffing Plan for a chosen department in your current workplace or for a company that you are familiar with in your local market. For ex: You can us the United States Postal Service, Fedex, DHL, UPS. etc
You will include the following information in your plan:
- Evaluate the organization’s goals.
- What are the organization’s goals for this year?
- How will the staffing plan align to the organization’s goals? In other words, how will this plan help the organization reach its goals?
- Evaluate departmental goals.
- What are the department’s goals for this year?
- How will the staffing plan align to the departmental goals? In other words, how will this plan help the department to reach its goals?
- What will affect the department’s ability to carry out the plan?
- Is the type of talent the department is seeking available in the market? In other words, can you easily locate the type of skilled individuals whom you need to fill the positions that are open or will be open?
- What factors will affect the department’s ability to find the talent that is needed? Factors can include economic, financial, technological, or skills.
- What is the current state of the department?
- What types of skills do current employees possess?
- What are the current job titles in the department? This information can be found on an organizational chart.
- What are the future needs of the department?
- How can the organization be staffed to attain the goals of the department discussed in number 2 (evaluate departmental goals)? In other words, who can you hire to help the department achieve its goals?
- How many staff members will be hired to meet these goals?
- What job titles will the staff members discussed above be given?