All answers must be typed and double-spaced. Correct grammar, punctuation and spelling will be taken into account. Each question is designed for you to apply theories we discussed in the text to a real-world issue. You will be evaluated on BOTH your understanding of the theories in the text AND your analytical ability to use them in defending your views. You are to work on this exam independently.
Please no more than 4 pages!
- Read the case study regarding the cover image of Lyndsay Vonn on Sports Illustrated.Case Study Lyndsay Vonn Cover.pdf
Answer the following questions regarding the case study:
- Did Sports Illustrated do something ethically wrong in running the Vonn picture as they did? Be sure to list what is Right/Wrong, and Good/Bad about this decision before rendering your judgement.
- If they did something ethically wrong, would it matter what their actual intentions behind running the photo were? (Categorical)
- If this cover actually increased interest in female competitive skiing, would that make an ethical difference? (Consequential)
- Is the selection of cover photos, such as the Vonn shot, an important activity of sports journalists? Or are these purely business decisions?
- Are there more ethical issues than simply covering sports once sports journalists become part of a business such as Sports Illustrated?
- How would you have handled the selection of the Vonn photo for the cover if you ran Sports Illustrated? What values would guide your decisions?
Please type, double space, spell and grammar check, and include references to any sources outside of Coakley. If you quote Coakley word for word, please give the page number.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
How would you have handled the selection of the Vonn photo for the cover if you ran Sports Illustrated? What values would guide your decisions? was first posted on September 18, 2019 at 2:07 am.
©2019 “Coursework Research”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at